Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Pet: A Dark Menage Romance by Isabella Starling


My Rating: 4 Stars
Sex Scenes: Yes.
Series: Yes, The Wicked Horse Vegas #1.









My name is Pet. My story is going to break your heart.



The first thing you should know about me, is that I'm a good girl.


I follow directions. I bend at the waist. I do anything and everything my King tells me to.
But King is demanding. King is dangerous. He wants to hurt me.

And there is only one person who can help me run away from King...
Except I don't know if I want to leave him. I don't know if I can.

Good pets always obey their master... But what if I want to have two?

PET is a standalone 95,000 word novel. This is a DARK romance!





This book was definitely different from other Isabella's books but it was still amazing!

Pet was a lost and damaged young girl, we don't know yet why she is thus way but we can see she is just going through life as if she has nothing left. She has no ambition and no plans, and for some reason she doesn't have any friends left.

Her meeting King was intense from the beginning, he saw something in her, behind her harsh words and fake bravado there was this scared little girl who needed his guidance.

 The book was super fast paced so if you don't like that then this is not the story for you. That being said, it didn't feel forced, she submitted to him in a complete and natural way. 

But they both had secrets and those would be the end of them. 

I didn't understand why King held back during the whole book till the end, I guess you will soon figure it out too. He really surprised me, on his worst moment he showed me that he was just a man and that made me see him under a different light; not this dominating god, but a man who just didn't know what to do.

Lets talk about Stranger... He blew it out of the water with his appearance and first scene in the book. He was just what Pet needed even though she didn't know it yet. 

From the group, he was the less damaged, yes he had some issues but he was less limited by his past or present circumstances than the rest of them.


A good story and amazing sex scenes!















Isabella Starling started out as a voracious reader of dark romance, and has since evolved her love of reading into writing dark, twisted romantic tales. When not spending time with her boyfriend, two cats & a Labrador pup, she's chatting away to author friends and plotting her next release.






No comments:

Post a Comment