Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Scandal (A Dirty Money Novel) by Isabella Starling

My Rating: 5 Stars
Sex Scenes: Yes.
Series: No.
Subject: Finding the mystery might save their lives.
Synopsis

Little secrets always grow up to be a big scandal... 
ASHER 
Everyone’s got secrets. 
Dirty little secrets. 
But not like this. 
Chloe Carlyle is totally off-limits. 
The one girl I can’t touch. 
Her mother is about to marry my dad, her father is in prison for murdering my mom…and I want her more than anything. Yeah, I never said this wasn’t fucked up. 
And things are about to get a whole lot more fucked up. 
This town has seen a lot of scandals, but this one’s gonna blow them all out of the water… 

CHLOE 
A wealthy city like Claremont Bay is accustomed to sinful scandals, but this latest one has shaken everyone to the core. 
My father has been accused of murdering his mistress, and my mother is marrying the man who put him in prison — Robert St Clair. 
Despite how messed up that is, it's not exactly Robert I'm worried about. It's his son. 
Asher St Clair. 
He’s insufferable. Intoxicating. Impossibly handsome. 
I can’t fall for him. Can’t let him get under my skin. 
I have bigger things to worry about, like my father’s imprisonment, because I’m the only one who believes he didn't kill that woman. So who did? The answer may lie closer to home than I know… 

Scandal is a full-length bad boy romantic suspense novel. There is no cheating and a happily-ever-after for this couple. Scandal is the first book in the Dirty Money series with connected characters. 

My Review

I got this book by the author and loved every second of it.
I am a fan of Isabella's books but this one was a pleasant surprise; a thrilling and mysterious story, a killer and a lot of secrets to be uncovered if they want to survive.

Chloe's life is a mess, her dad has been accused of murder and she is living a nightmare she can seem to wake up from. 

Then she meets the infamous Asher and he is everything she doesn't need right now but she can't seem to get reed of him.
Giving in the temptation is inevitable for them and within each other they find what they were missing all along.

The story takes these two characters through a race for their lives and they keep uncovering scandals that are putting their lives at risk more with each passing minute.

Chloe is an amazing woman who is too good for her own self. Her biggest mistake is putting too much trust in the people around her and that's why she needs Asher, he helps her get perspective.

Asher grew so much as a character during the book, he was a selfish bastard and when he starts to spend more time with Chloe he surprised us all by actually changing and developing feeling for other people and caring more.

The sex scenes are perfect and they have this sweet connection that will help them survive anything that comes their way.




Add on Goodreads                    Get now on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment