Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Bad Cop: A Bad Boy Romance by Marci Fawn

My Rating: 3 1/5 Stars

Series: No.

Sex Scenes: Yes.

Subject: Thrilling story about two strangers that fight against a common enemy.

Summary
There's a killer on the loose, and I need to keep my woman safe.

ALLISON

A rough year? That's putting it mildly.
After my parents died in a gruesome car crash, I moved to the city with my sister, Cassandra.
The only way to make a name for myself was to befriend a policeman and get all the gory details on the serial killer running rampant in the city.
But I came too close to the fire, and I got burned... Now the killer is after me.
Darkly handsome cop Kyle Simons could rescue me - but there's only two things he cares about.
Catching the killer...
And getting me into his bed.

KYLE

For the past two years of my life, I've been obsessed with catching him.
X, the mysterious villain who I suspect took many lives, my girlfriend's being one of them.
When Allison Reid, a sexy-as-hell journalist, walks into my life with a determined step, I'd do anything to get her off my back.
I hate journalists. They're scum.
But she makes me an offer... Find the killer, and have her for one night.
I would've done it either way.
But Allison will be the perfect reward to another finished case.

Full length, standalone bad boy romance. No cliffhanger, no cheating and a happy ending guaranteed. 


My Review
I got this book for an honest review by the author and it was an entertaining story.

It had enough mystery to keep it interesting and scary enough “bad guys” to make you unable to stop reading it, in order to find out what happened next.

Kyle is the typical “good cop” in a city where evil prevails and he has almost given up on his life, he lives to find the killer and get his revenge, until he meets her.

Allison is a wannabe journalist that is in the wrong place at the wrong time and when things seem to go crushing down in her life, he is there for her and that changes everything for both of them.

The story was okay, I loved the murders and that part of the book, but their story was a bit too fast paced for my taste.

The fact that she didn’t mourn her sister was off-putting to me, how can you be so cool about her dying? Even though you are trying to solve a murder you still hurt and I didn’t feel it, I almost forgot about her sister till she said ‘oh and revenge for my sister’.

The connection between the characters was good and the sex scenes are hot, they definitely fit each other perfectly.

Overall it was a fun read, but I couldn’t connect with the characters on a deeper level.
Still good and entertaining.

Add on Goodreads
Get now on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment