Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Wanted: A Monster Billionaire Romance by Jani Kay & Normandie Alleman

My Rating: 4 Stars

Series: No.

Sex Scenes: Yes.

Subject: Moving on, overcoming  the pain and hurt and learning to forgive.

Synopsis

FOSTER

I spent the last five years locked in a cage for a crime I didn’t commit. 

Crucified by the press and social media. Hated by all. 

But now that I’m a free man, I’m determined to prove I’m not the evil mastermind everyone thinks I am.

I just need someone to believe in me.

Someone like Addison James…

ADDISON

Foster Cruise is sexy as hell and worth billions. But he destroyed my family.

He may have gone to prison, but he hasn’t paid nearly enough for what I’ve lost. 

He has no idea who I am, but I’m determined to prove what the law failed to—and put him back behind bars where he belongs. 

I’ll offer him my body and sell my soul to that handsome-as-hell devil to make things right.

Trouble is, I’m afraid he’s already stolen my heart. 


Adult content suitable for 18+
Language and sexual situations.


My Review
I got this book for an honest review by the authors and as always, it was my pleasure!

Foster is a complicated man who has been through hell, but now he is back, and he wants to prove to everyone that he is not the man people think he is.

He was an intense character to say the least, he seemed like someone who would command the room he is in, it just filtered through the pages.  

I could imagine his stern and intense look and he is definitely something I would want to look at for long periods of my day!

Addison was a hard character to crack because she seemed so angry and set on destroying him, that at first I couldn’t tell if she was really into him of if maybe it was a trick, and it was impossible to know how deep these emotions she was talking about were.

But once she opens up we see the real her, the hurt and scared girl turn into a woman seeking for revenge for her family.

It was heartbreaking to watch both characters struggle with their beliefs of what was true and what their hearts told them.

Foster was the one who surprised me the most, he knew from the start what he wanted and nothing stood in his way.


I guess what this book is trying to teach us is that we all deserve forgiveness and in some point we need to open our hearts and forgive others too for their mistakes. We might find out that things were different to what we thought at first and if we just hold our grudge we might miss something amazing!




Excerpt

Sneaking closer to the sprawling mansion, I took a moment to assess my situation. Now that I knew where Foster lived, I needed to come up with a plan to become part of his life so I could find the information the detectives had clearly missed. I’d come this far, and frankly, I’d do anything to catch this thief and move on with my life. I was pushing twenty-five and I didn’t even have a steady boyfriend, never mind the whole happy-ever-after happening. All my friends were married or in the process of getting hitched, and some were even procreating already.
And me?

I was chasing after an impossibly handsome crook, hell-bent on making him pay back the money he’d stolen from my and other families. It consumed my every thought, and even when I’d gone on dates, I’d been preoccupied with images of Foster, always comparing the poor unassuming guy I was out with to the devilishly good-looking Mr. Cruise.
What was it about the man that captured my imagination? He wasn’t really my type, especially not with the beard, but I couldn’t stop wondering if it would tickle if he kissed me.

Focus, Addison.

A light went on inside the house. I sucked in a breath as Foster came into view. He stood in front of the window and stared out for a long while, giving me the opportunity to study him. But just as suddenly as he appeared, he pulled the blinds down, and a minute later, the light was turned out.

One by one, he went from room to room and turned on all the lights until the whole west side of the mansion was lit up. I’d ventured closer to the windows so I could see inside, but always took care to stay hidden behind a tree or thick, bushy plant.

Just as well because my heart leapt to my throat when Foster threw open the window of the last room he’d entered. He closed his eyes and took a few long, deep breaths.
God, the man was beautiful. A powerful and magnetic aura surrounded him, and I couldn’t stop staring. That was when something rubbed up against my leg and made me nearly jump out of my skin.

Fuck.


I wanted to scream. The thing attacked my leg, and I tried to kick it off without making a sound. Stepping away to distance myself from my attacker, the heel of my shoe snapped and I lost my balance, freefalling backward into a shrub.



Watch the Trailer NOW


Add on Goodreads

Get Now on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment