Reviews Published Professional Reader Challenge Participant 80% 2016 NetGalley Challenge 50 Book Reviews

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Breaking His Rules by R.C. Matthews

My Rating:  4 Stars
Series: No.
Sex Scenes: Yes.
Subject: Trusting people again, and opening your heart.

Synopsis
When I landed the best bartending job in downtown Chicago, the rules were as clear as the Grey Goose martini I mixed for him. Don’t sleep with the patrons. I had no problem with that. Money didn’t impress me. But Damon Baxter’s eyes did. Midnight blue, just like the name of his nightclub. The way they undressed me made me consider risking the most sought after job in the service industry. Nailing the position had been hard. Obeying the rules? Even harder.

Good thing I like it hard. I was never one for following orders. For one night with him, I would have sold my soul to the devil. And that’s exactly what I did. Let me tell you, hell in the company of Damon Baxter was blissfully hot. I offered him a single night of pleasure, but when he demanded another in that deep and sexy whisper, what could I say? He was my boss, and I always aimed to please…when it pleased me.


He didn’t care that I broke his rules. But was I ready to break my own?

My Review

I got this book for an honest review on netgalley and it was a first from this author. I loved every minute of it!

The story is fast paced, so if you're not into the "sex, repeat and love" types of story don’t bother. 

If you love those stories though, you are going to fall for this one!

Samantha was running away from her life, she found the perfect job and things seemed to be getting better, until Damon happened.

He was a force to be reckoned and he was obsessed with her.

The level of obsession is not for everyone, I loved it, nothing better than a caveman for my book boyfriends.

The characters had perfect sexual chemistry; the scenes are good and steamy.

On the deeper level of the book we get Sam’s inability to trust the men in her life, she's been deceived and there's nothing harder than letting go of our fears of trusting people. 

Trust issues are a difficult matter to overcome and one tiny mistake can take us back to the painful memories.


A really good book overall.


Get now on Amazon
Add to Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment